Kevin Spacey Makes Unexpected Appearance In Court For Sexual Assault Case Hearing

Kevin Spacey made an unexpected appearance in court in Nantucket, Massachusetts, on Monday.

Though not required, the 59-year-old actor arrived at the Nantucket District Court in a gray suit and glasses for a hearing on the case accusing him of groping a young man at a bar in Nantucket in 2016. Spacey has denied the allegations and pleaded not guilty to a charge of indecent assault and battery in January.

Spacey did not comment as he walked in with his lawyers, according to the Associated Press, which also reports that the actor could face up to two and a half years in jail if convicted.

RELATED: Anthony Rapp Says Lupita Nyong’o’s #MeToo Story Inspired Him To Come Forward About Kevin Spacey

Spacey’s hearing comes more than a year after a former Boston TV anchor accused the former “House of Cards” star of sexually assaulting her son, then 18, in the Club Car bar, where the teen worked as a busboy. Back in January, CBS News reported that a judge granted a prosecutor’s request that Spacey be ordered to stay away from the accuser and have no contact with him.

RELATED: Sir Ian McKellen Apologizes For Suggesting Alleged Abuse By Kevin Spacey And Bryan Singer Was Because They Were ‘In The Closet’

ET previously reported in November 2017 that Spacey was seeking “evaluation and treatment” after he was accused of sexual assault and misconduct by several men. Through his lawyer, Spacey has vehemently denied all these allegations.

“Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment,” the actor’s rep told ET in a statement. “No other information is available at this time.”

MORE FROM ET:

Kevin Spacey Appears in Court on Charge of Groping Young Man at Nantucket Bar

Kevin Spacey Spotted in Public for First Time in Over a Year Amid New Sexual Assault Charges

Kevin Spacey Sued for Alleged Sexual Battery and Assault by Masseuse

Get breaking news in your inbox

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP