Autopsy Shows Prince’s Official Cause Of Death: ‘Fentanyl Toxicity’

After much speculation, a law enforcement official close to the investigation has told the Associated Press that tests show Prince died from an opioid overdose. The official spoke on condition of anonymity since he was not authorized to speak to the media.

Related: Investigators Trying To Determine If Prince Died From Drug Overdose

A Minnesota autopsy has found that accidental “fentanyl toxicity”; caused the unexpected and sudden death of musical megastar Prince inside his sprawling Paisley Park compound on April 21. The results were made public weeks after a four-hour autopsy by local Chief Medical Examiner Dr. A. Quinn Strobl.

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

ET Canada previously reported that Dr. Howard Kornfeld, an opioid addiction treatment specialist, was scheduled to see Prince on Thursday, April 21, but had to reschedule, sending his son to Paisley Park to help stabilize the star. It was Kornfeld’s son, Andrew, that was present at Prince’s Minnesota residence when the star was found dead and it was he who made the 911 call.

Related: Press Conference Details Moment When Prince’s Body Was Found

Less than a week before his death, it was reported that Prince’s plane made an emergency landing in Illinois, where first responders gave him a shot of Narcan, a drug used in suspected opioid overdoses.

ET Canada has reached out to the family and their lawyers for comment.

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP