Bryan Singer has reportedly agreed to pay out $150,000 to resolve the rape case filed by Cesar Sanchez-Guzman.
Singer, 53, was accused of performing oral sex and anally penetrating Sanchez-Guzman on a yacht near Seattle back in 2003 when he was 17-years-old. The director has denied all allegations.
It was confirmed that Sanchez-Gunman, who filed for bankruptcy in 2014, had filed a lawsuit against Singer back in December 2017.
In a filing on Wednesday, a bankruptcy trustee, Nancy James, recommended that the court approve a $150,000 settlement with the star.
James, who said that no evidence had been produced to show that Singer attended the party, is thought to have reopened the case in 2018 on the grounds that any settlement from Singer should be listed as an asset to Sanchez-Guzman.
Singer’s attorney Andrew Brettler said, according to Variety: “The debtor filed a claim against Mr. Singer that he had no basis or legal right to file.
“Mr. Singer has denied even knowing this individual, let alone allegedly having interacted with him more than 15 years ago. The decision to resolve the matter with the bankruptcy trustee was purely a business one, as litigation costs would well exceed the amount requested by the trustee to pay off the creditors who were owed money when the debtor filed for bankruptcy.”
If the settlement is approved, Sanchez-Guzman’s lawsuit will be dismissed with prejudice.
The lawsuit was filed not long after Singer was fired as the director of “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
ET Canada has contacted Singer’s rep for comment.