Danny Boyle Says He’s ‘Not Cut Out’ For Directing Franchises After Quitting ‘Bond 25’

“Bond 25” is well on its way in production under director Cary Fukunaga, but the movie originally had a different director attached.

RELATED: Daniel Craig Returns As 007 In New ‘Bond 25’ Teaser

Oscar-winner Danny Boyle left the project over creative differences last year and he’s now opening up about the valuable lesson he took away from the experience.

“I learned my lesson that I am not cut out [for franchises], otherwise you’re digging in the same hole,” he told Metro.

He added, “I am better not quite in the mainstream franchise movies, is the honest answer.”

The “Slumdog Millionaire” director is currently promoting the release of his latest film “Yesterday”, which imagines a world where nobody remembers The Beatles except one man.

RELATED: Daniel Craig To Undergo Surgery After ‘Bond 25’ Injury In Jamaica, Production Still On Track

Meanwhile, “Bond 25” has faced a rocky production, with star Daniel Craig injuring his ankle and requiring surgery, and an explosion on-set causing injury to a crew member.

The still-untitled film is set to open April 8, 2020.

Get breaking news in your inbox

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP