Mark-Paul Gosselaar knows nothing about the “Saved by the Bell” reboot that was announced on Tuesday by Peacock, NBCUniversal’s upcoming streaming service.

RELATED: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Once Dated A ‘Saved By The Bell’ Co-Star

While it may be difficult for fans to imagine “Saved by the Bell” without Gosselaar, that may be exactly what happens.

Gosselaar — who is currently starring in ABC’s new “black-ish” spinoff “mixed-ish” — admitted he has no involvement with the reboot, despite the announcement revealing his character, Zack Morris, is now the Governor of California.

“I have not been approached so I’m not involved at the moment,” Gosselaar told E! News.

“I read it in the trades just like everybody else this morning,” Gosselaar told Variety of how he learned the reboot had been greenlit. “Honestly, I was never approached. I woke up to the news this morning with a kind of ‘huh’ response.”

And while he admitted he’s “always been interested” in participating in a “Saved By the Bell” reboot, his new role on “mixed-ish” could prove problematic, given that Disney (parent company of ABC) is about to launch its own streaming service, Disney+, which will be in direct competition with Peacock.

“I’m on ABC, so it doesn’t really fit into that considering Disney+, so I understand the business side of things,” he added. “But I had no idea it was that far along.”

RELATED: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Is An ‘American Ninja Warrior’

The “Saved by the Bell” reboot was announced on Tuesday. Peacock will launch in April. Watch below for more of Gosselaar at ABC’s “mixed-ish” event on Tuesday.