Matthew McConaughey Reveals He Almost Died From Venomous Snakebite

Matthew McConaughey is opening up about a terrifying experience he had with a venomous snake while vacationing Down Under.

Chatting with Australia’s “Today” while promoting Wild Turkey Bourbon and his new eco-tourism enterprise, the “Dallas Buyers Club” Oscar winner recalled a visit to Australia back in the 1980s when he almost stepped on a deadly brown snake.

“I should have been bitten,” he said.

RELATED: Matthew McConaughey Launches Eco-Friendly Cabin With Hopes Of ‘Inspiring Australians To Reconnect With Nature’

“It was a bit dark. It went right through my legs and gave me a bit of a scare.”

Luckily for McConaughey, a snake-savvy pal was on hand.

“My friend came over and they caught it and said, ‘That’s a brown snake, mate… that could have really sucked.'”

As he declared: “That’s [why it’s] my favourite animal, because it didn’t bite me!”

Click to View Gallery

Matthew McConaughey’s Best Performances

 

 

Get breaking news in your inbox

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP