Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You” has become a Yuletide perennial, selling 16 million copies to become the singer’s all-time best-selling single, and the 12th biggest single of all time.
Yet when it comes to what the British public wants to listen to during the holidays, all they want for Christmas is to never hear Carey’s song again.
That’s the result of a new survey commissioned by mobile phone company Huawei that asked its British customers to vote on which holiday songs they found to be most annoying.
According to the survey, as reported by the Evening Standard, these are Britain’s 10 most annoying holiday songs:
- “All I Want for Christmas is You” – Mariah Carey
- “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” – Band Aid
- “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday” – Wizzard
- “Merry Xmas Everybody” – Slade
- “Last Christmas” – Wham!
- “Fairytale of New York” – The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews
- “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” – Jackson 5
- “Santa Baby” – Eartha Kitt
- “Jingle Bells” – Andrews Sisters