Anna Faris is expressing her gratitude following Thanksgiving.
In a post to Twitter shortly after the holiday, the 43-year-old actress revealed that she and others “were saved from carbon monoxide” while celebrating Thanksgiving in Lake Tahoe.
“I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department- we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate,” she wrote alongside a photo of half-eaten plates.
According to local news station KTXL, Tahoe City fire officials found high levels of carbon monoxide in the rental home where Faris and 12 others were staying. The outlet reports that occupants ranged in age from three to 70.
Faris and the others were first alerted to the problem when they began to feel sick — so much so that two of them went to the hospital — though they initially attributed it to altitude sickness, KTXL reports.
North Tahoe Fire Protection District spokeswoman Erin Holland told the outlet that “the hospital immediately identified that it was carbon monoxide poisoning and notified us.”
Following the discovery, the home was aired out, according to the outlet.
Additionally, the Fire Protection District told KTLA that the home did not have carbon monoxide alarms, something that state law requires in all family dwellings.
“They ran the furnace to do some testing and the levels in the basement were at 446 parts per million,” Holland told KTXL. “And so that is certainly something that is going to cause fatality in a short period of time.”
“Not only is it the silent killer, it’s sort of that forgotten hazard,” North Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Michael Schwartz added to the outlet.
ET has reached out to Faris for comment.