Country singer Luke Combs is paying the funeral expenses of three young men who saw him perform at a Michigan music festival before they died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning at a nearby campground, relatives said.

“For him to reach out and do that, I don’t even have the words. I wish I could just give him a hug,” said Meeka Sova, the mother of Kole Sova.

RELATED: Luke Combs’ ‘Forever After All’ Music Video Shows His Intimate Wedding With Nicole Hocking Combs

Sova, 19, William “Richie” Mays Jr., 20, and Dawson Brown, 20, were found dead in a travel trailer on July 17. Police said the friends were exposed to emissions from a portable generator that was too close to their camper. Two more young men remain in a hospital.

Mays’ mother, Amy Satterthwaite, recalled how she held her son’s hand the previous night during Combs’ appearance at the Faster Horses Festival, a weekend show at Michigan International Speedway.

RELATED: Luke Combs Delivers Passionate ACM Awards Performance Of ‘Forever After All’

“That was the last time we were with our boys,” Satterthwaite said.

Combs had no comment about the donation, spokeswoman Asha Goodman told MLive.com.